Twelve TUM scientists among the most cited researchers worldwide
Twelve researchers at TUM are among the world’s most cited scientists. Their names can be found in the latest Highly Cited Researchers rankings.
In their papers, scientists cite the most important work previously published on the topic. This makes the total number of citations of a paper a good indicator of the quality of the research behind it. To identify the most highly cited researchers, the US company Clarivate once a year analyzes its Web of Science database, which covers scientific publications in a broad range of disciplines.
The current edition lists the scientists who were cited most frequently in their subject areas in the period from 2010 to 2020. Researchers who are frequently cited in multiple fields are listed in the cross-field category. The list contains the names of about 6,600 persons in no specific order, including the following researchers at TUM:
– Prof. Dr. Senthold Asseng, Chair of Digital Agriculture
– Prof. Dr. Bernhard Küster, Chair of Proteomics and Bioanalytics
– Prof. Dr. Josef Priller, Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar
– Prof. Dr. Michael Schloter, Honorary Professor for Soil Microbiology
– Prof. Dr. Rupert Seidl, Chair of Ecosystem Dynamics and Forest Management in Mountain Landscapes
– Prof. Dr. Fabian Theis, Chair of Mathematical Modelling of Biological Systems
– Prof. Dr. Matthias Tschöp, Chair of Metabolic Diseases
– Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Weißer, Chair of Terrestrial Ecology
– Prof. Dr. Ingrid Kögel-Knabner, Chair of Soil Science
– Prof. Dr. Hubert A. Gasteiger, Chair of Technical Electrochemistry
Plant and Animal Science:
– Dr. Takuya Yoshida, Chair of Botany
Psychiatry and Psychology:
– Prof. Dr. Stefan Leucht, Clinic for Psychiatry and Psychotherapy, Klinikum rechts der Isar
In addition, Prof. Laura M. Herz is one of the Highly Cited Researchers in the cross-field category. The physicist from the University of Oxford is currently a fellow at the TUM Institute for Advanced Study.