EU Commission President von der Leyen, Virologist Drosten, WHO Director-General Tedros at the World Health Summit 2020
COVID-19 and Global Pandemic Control in Focus
Current findings on COVID-19, new global strategies for pandemic control and prevention, the role of Europe and the WHO in global health will be the core topics of this year’s World Health Summit from October 25-27 in Berlin.
„To combat health threats of this kind, we need better educational structures,“ says Prof. Detlev Ganten, President and Founder of the World Health Summit.
The around 300 speakers include:
– Ursula von der Leyen, President European Commission
– Jens Spahn, Minister of Health, Germany
– Marta Temido, Minister of Health, Portugal
– Tomaž Gantar, Minister of Health, Slovenia
– Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General, World Health Organization WHO
– Michelle Bachelet, High Commissioner for Human Rights, UN
– Christian Drosten, Director, Institute of Virology, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
– Lothar H. Wieler, President, Robert Koch Institute
– Heyo Kroemer, Chairman, Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin
– Winnie Byanyima, Executive Director, UNAIDS
– Victor Dzau, President, National Academy of Medicine, USA
– Jeremy Farrar, Director, Wellcome Trust
– Henrietta H. Fore, Executive Director, UNICEF
– George F. Gao, Director, Chinese Center for Disease Control and Prevention
– Paul Hudson, CEO, Sanofi
– John Nkengasong, Director, Africa Centres for Disease Control and Prevention
– Andrea Ammon, Director, European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control
– Michael Ryan, Executive Director, Health Emergencies Programme, WHO
Due to COVID-19, the World Health Summit 2020 is a hybrid conference with digital and on-site participation: All 50 keynotes, panel discussions and workshops are broadcast live and are available online. On site, the number of participants is limited and hygiene and distancing rules apply.
Participation in the digital World Health Summit is free of charge and possible without registration; each session can be accessed via a link in the program.
There you will also find details on sessions, topics, and speakers.
The World Health Summit is one of the world’s most important strategic forums for global health and brings together leading international scientists, politicians and representatives from industry and civil society. It was founded in 2009 to mark the 300th anniversary of the Charité and is held under the patronage of German Chancellor Angela Merkel, French President Emmanuel Macron, the President of the European Commission Ursula von der Leyen and Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, Director-General of the World Health Organization WHO.
World Health Summit
Kosmos, Karl-Marx-Allee 131a, Berlin & Digital
The World Health Summit is fully open to the press.
Press Accreditation: https://www.worldhealthsummit.org/media/accreditation/
Press Information: https://www.worldhealthsummit.org/media/presskit/
Interview requests are gladly arranged.
Please note: Due to COVID-19, places for journalists on site are also limited.
Phone: +49 30 450 572 102